- And the Winner Is – 7th Annual Book Tournament Finals Results!Posted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 ResultsPosted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 – Semi-finals!Posted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 ResultsPosted 2 years ago
- Blood of Asaheim by Chris Wraight – reviewPosted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 – QuarterfinalsPosted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 3Posted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 ResultsPosted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Malazan Empire AND Middle Earth BracketsPosted 2 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Forgotten Realms AND Westeros BracketsPosted 2 years ago
7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 3
The fight continues today after a long weekend of rest for our competitors! The 16 remaining books are fighting for the chance to appear in the bracket championship round (which begins on Thursday). Voting for Round 3 will end at midnight on Wednesday, 4/3.
Remember, you can vote three ways:
- via a comment on this post listing the book you wish to vote for in each match-up
- by liking the book you want to vote for on Facebook (click on the Like button below the book’s cover)
- with an original tweet (retweets won’t count) that includes a link to this page and uses the hashtag provided below for the book(s) you are voting for
You can vote once per match-up per voting method (i.e., for this round you have 2 match-ups per bracket to vote for any or all of the three ways, and a total of 8 match-ups across all 4 brackets). The book with the most total votes moves on to the next round.
One last note to the authors: if your book doesn’t have a byline and you want to add one, email it to admin[at]bookspotcentral[dot]com. We reached out to as many of you as we could find a way to email, and want everyone included in the opportunity to share their book’s motto or message!
And now…to the lists!
Forgotten Realms Bracket
16 Fated by Benedict Jacka vs 5 Charon’s Claw by R. A. Salvatore
7 The King’s Blood by Daniel Abraham vs 14 Doubletake (Cal Leandros, #7) by Rob Thurman
War, insurrection, romance, betrayal, and medieval banking come together in the second volume of The Dagger and the Coin.
16 Dragons of Wendal by Maria E. Schneider vs 13 The Alchemist of Souls by Anne Lyle
Learning new magic isn’t as easy as Zoe expected, especially when the mages at Gorgon University seem dead set against teaching. As for exploring the intriguing mysteries across the border in Wendal, well, it has more teeth than she ever imagined.
When Mal Catlyn, a down-at-heel Elizabethan swordsman, is assigned as
bodyguard to an ambassador from the New World, assassination attempts are the least of his problems. What he learns about the mysterious beings known as skraylings could cost England her new ally–and Mal his soul.
2 King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence vs 14 Blood Song by Anthony Ryan
“We have fought battles that left more than a hundred corpses on the ground and not a word of it has ever been set down. The Order fights, but often it fights in shadow, without glory or reward. We have no banners.”
Malazan Empire Bracket
8 Whispers Underground (Peter Grant, #3) by Ben Aaronovitch vs 12 Straits of Galahesh by Bradley P Beaulieu
The Straits of Galahesh. Because you don’t have enough windships in your life. Get in the game.
2 The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks vs 11 Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear
Empires rise. Empires fall. The sky changes with them… and some hold in their hands the ambition to bring the whole reach of the Eternal Sky under their dominion.
Middle Earth Bracket
9 And Blue Skies From Pain by Stina Leicht vs 4 The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams
15 Dead of Winter by Lee Collins vs 3 Sharps by K. J. Parker
Cora Oglesby and her husband Ben keep the monsters of the Old West in check, but when an old foe returns for vengeance, Cora must confront her own past if she is to survive.
Fated, The King's Blood, The Alchemist of Souls, Blood Song, Whispers Underground, The Blinding Knife, The Dirty Streets of Heaven, Sharps