- And the Winner Is – 7th Annual Book Tournament Finals Results!Posted 57 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 ResultsPosted 65 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 – Semi-finals!Posted 71 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 ResultsPosted 72 days ago
- Blood of Asaheim by Chris Wraight – reviewPosted 74 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 – QuarterfinalsPosted 75 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 3Posted 78 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 ResultsPosted 80 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Malazan Empire AND Middle Earth BracketsPosted 84 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Forgotten Realms AND Westeros BracketsPosted 86 days ago
Geek Girl’s Fictional Junk Food-o-Rama – “The Enormous Egg”
When I was growing up, there wasn’t a local bookstore anywhere close by. I depended primarily on the racks of paperbacks in the grocery store and the local pharmacy both for comic books and regular books. School...
- Posted 118 days ago
Gillian Philip – FIREBRAND – interview
Bookspotcentral.com is very pleased to bring in author Gillian Philip for a fireside chat about her newest book, Firebrand, out today in the U.S. We talk about the inspiration for the book, characters who prefer shouting to...
- Posted 119 days ago
Prized by Caragh O’Brien – review
Growing up all too often means picking your battles. As you grow up and develop your own system of values, you choose the things that are important to you based on your experiences with the people around...
- Posted 124 days ago
Gillian Philip’s FIREBRAND – book trailer
- Posted 129 days ago
Night of the Swarm by Robert V.S. Redick – review
Publisher’s Description: The mighty centuries old ship, Chathrand is long gone . . . At the centre of an infernal forest there is clearing. Above it looms a seven hundred foot tall fragment of a vast tower....
- Posted 130 days ago
The Literary World of Pulp Adventure (And Dragons) With Marie Brennan – Guest Post
All Art Courtesy of Todd Lockwood Ahhh, pulp adventure. It’s so fun, and yet such a mess. It was never a respected corner of publishing, even when respectable authors were working in it. The whole idea of pulp...
- Posted 132 days ago
A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan – review
Publisher’s Description: You, dear reader, continue at your own risk. It is not for the faint of heart—no more so than the study of dragons itself. But such study offers rewards beyond compare: to stand in a...
- Posted 133 days ago
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder – review
Publisher’s Description: As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avry of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomaniacal...
- Posted 135 days ago
Better Book Cover – The Mad Scientists Guide to World Dominations Or Elsewhens
Stay tuned as we are testing out some ideas on how to make our March Madness book tournament the best it can be. That being said, vote for the book cover you like the most by Facebook…we...
- Posted 137 days ago