- Penny and Dime – Preview Story : Belladonna’s Price by: P. L. McCall IIPosted 16 hours ago
- Review – Okko: The Cycle Of Water, Vol. 1Posted 3 days ago
- Review – East of West Volume 1: The PromisePosted 1 week ago
- BSC New AdventuresPosted 1 week ago
- BONE – Returns with “Coda”Posted 2 weeks ago
- And the Winner Is – 7th Annual Book Tournament Finals Results!Posted 3 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 ResultsPosted 3 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 – Semi-finals!Posted 3 years ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 ResultsPosted 3 years ago
- Blood of Asaheim by Chris Wraight – reviewPosted 3 years ago
Batman and Robin #1 “The New 52!” – A Family Torn Apart?
The new “Robin” is Damian, Batman’s own son. The boy was raised in secret by the League of Shadows and raised to be an assassin like his mother, Talia al Ghul. Presently, Bruce Wayne has taken him under his dark wing as an apprentice to guide his son on a more righteous path. The relationship of Batman and Robin has run the gambit from sappy to parody and this new chapter proves the most interesting pairing yet.
Batman must try to build a relationship with his son and teach him moral disciple, while continuing to fight crime as only he can. New insights to this legendary character are revealed and for the first time there are tendrils of change in Batman’s character. Can he remain the scarred and vengeful vigilante he has always been?
Now for the first time “family” is looming is Bruce’s heart… how will he deal with it?
DC and its writers have opened a new chapter in Batman and Robin #1 “The New 52!”. I am very excited about this story and look forward to seeing how Batman will be changed by now having a son. I had not read Batman in many years and this new comic has me hooked! If you are a Batman fan you should definitely pick it up.
Batman & Robin, Volume 1: Born to Kill (The New 52) collecting issues (1-6) released on 07/10/2012.