- And the Winner Is – 7th Annual Book Tournament Finals Results!Posted 29 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 ResultsPosted 36 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 5 – Semi-finals!Posted 43 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 ResultsPosted 43 days ago
- Blood of Asaheim by Chris Wraight – reviewPosted 46 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 4 – QuarterfinalsPosted 47 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 3Posted 50 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 ResultsPosted 52 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Malazan Empire AND Middle Earth BracketsPosted 56 days ago
- 7th Annual Book Tournament – Round 2 – Forgotten Realms AND Westeros BracketsPosted 57 days ago
CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI’S INHERITANCE HAS BIGGEST FIRST-DAY SALE OF 2011!
CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI’S INHERITANCE
HAS BIGGEST FIRST-DAY SALE OF 2011:
489,500 COPIES IN PRINT, DIGITAL & AUDIO FORMATS
November 10, 2011 (New York, NY)— INHERITANCE, the fourth and final installment in Christopher Paolini’s #1 bestselling Inheritance cycle, has achieved the highest first-day sale in 2011 of any fiction or non-fiction, adult or children’s title published this year in the U.S. and Canada, it was announced today by Chip Gibson, President & Publisher, Random House Children’s Books. The conclusion to Paolini’s epic saga went on sale in North America on Tuesday, November 8th, and sold a staggering 489,500 copies in print, digital, and audio formats. Hardcovers dominated the opening-day sell-through for INHERITANCE, with an 83/17% print to digital split.
“This is both a thrilling and gratifying end to a wonderful journey that began more than a decade ago,” said Paolini. “I could have never imagined that the Inheritance cycle would become what it has, and I’m grateful to the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm. I look forward to seeing them in person on my tour this month, but most of all, I hope they enjoy the book!”
Paolini kicked off an 18-city book tour in New York City on Tuesday night at the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Union Square, where he enthralled a packed house filled with fans of all ages. Gerard Doyle, narrator of the audio editions of the Inheritance series, also spoke, telling the audience that he found INHERITANCE to be “utterly moving.” Paolini is scheduled to make public appearances in Philadelphia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Miami, Birmingham, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Kansas City, Seattle, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, and Indianapolis during the coming weeks.
All #1 New York Times bestsellers in the United States, Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, Christopher Paolini’s first three novels, have been international sensations. To date, there are 49 foreign-language licenses for Eragon alone, and together the first three books in the series have sold 25 million copies worldwide.
INHERITANCE was published by Random House’s Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers imprint in the U.S. and Canada on November 8th with a first printing of 2.5 million copies.
The audiobook of INHERITANCE was released simultaneously in North America by Random House’s Listening Library division, and is available on CD and as a digital download.